The 13th century fortified building was transformed into a castle at the beginning of the 17th century (1606). Then terraced gardens were developed (1732), as well as outhouses (1733). An aqueduct was built in 1752 to bring spring water. The gardens, one of the 18th century dining rooms, the banister of the staircase, the facades and the roof of the castle are classified as Monument Historique. According to local tradition, the four seasons are represented in the colour and design of the roof turrets. The castle is private and cannot be visited.